The Certified International Commercial Contracts Manager (CICCM) course and program are designed for US and international business practitioners by The International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), It is particularly appropriate for those individuals who wish to increase their commercial contracts management skills. A Certified International Commercial Contracts Manager (CICCM) certification demonstrates that you are knowledgeable about the practice of contracts management in the International commercial environment.
Completion of the CICCM training program will enable the certified individual to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of contract administration concepts;
- Apply a type of contract appropriate to the contracting situation;
- Assure that the purchasing organization fulfills its part of buyer-supplier agreement;
- Assure that the supplier's progress and performance complies with the contract;
- Resolve any problems that may arise during the life of the contract (this protects the purchasing organization's interests);
- Ascertain when contract changes are necessary, negotiate fair adjustments, and determine whether increased costs of performance should be borne by the supplier;
- Keep complete and accurate records and documentation pertaining to the contract.
After completion of this course, the student should be able to explain the following contract administration processes:
Contract Planning (Contract Initiation)
Description of Requirements
Cost Benefit Analysis
Govt vs Private Sector
Procurement (Bid) Process and Rules
Influence of Laws on the Bid Process
Applying Evaluation Criteria
RFP Preparation and Content
Contract Pricing Principles
Commercial Contract Types
Contract Terms and Conditions Overview (CISG Drafting Guide for Managers and Counsels)
Partnerships, Alliances Distributorships, and Consortia
IT Procurement Contracts
Performance Based Contracts (Including Service Level Agreements)
Drafting Guidelines and Recommendations
Negotiation Overview and Objectives
Negotiation Styles (Strategies)
Tactics, Tricks, and Lessons Learned
Contract Administration (Four Lectures)
This Certification Program is a core certification program of The International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI). This program offers the designation of CICCM (The Certified International Commercial Contracts Manager) to candidates who demonstrate their understanding of the fundamentals of the profession through the successful completion of rigorous professional certification examinations based upon the INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS MANAGEMENT BODY OF KNOWLEDGE. (ICCMBOK).
Completion of the certification program requires completion of a multiple choice examination. The examination is prepared by a Board of Examiners consisting of a range of Certified, Sustaining, and Educator Members within the International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI).
The examination locations are determined by the individual candidates and their proctors. A proctor may be an individual who is currently an active Certified Member, or a manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, or anyone of such standing. Each proctor is determined on a case-by-case basis. ACI wishes to make it possible for every qualified candidate to complete the certification program in a convenient and timely manner.
Successful candidates are granted the designation of CICCM. This certification may be used just as similar recognitions which are employed in accounting, insurance, medicine, law, and other professions. Either the full expression or the initials may be used after the individual’s name on business cards, stationery, etc.
The Board of Examiners realizes that many applicants are employed on a full-time basis and, as such, are limited in the amount of time available to prepare for the examinations. Without some guiding time requirement, however, candidates tend to lose the concept of the examination program and the material covered. Therefore, the Board of Examiners has established a five year maximum time limit for acceptance of completed requirements. The time limitation may not be waived without the approval of the Board of Examiners.
Requirements for Certification
1. AA degree OR more than three years of experience in business.
2. Satisfactory completion of a 3 hour examination covering “the INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS MANAGEMENT BODY OF KNOWLEDGE. (ICCMBOK)”.
3. Completion of an application for certification and payment of all fees.
- Certified International Commercial Contracts Manager （CICCM）
- Certified International Professional Negotiator (CIPN)
- Certified International Trade, Shipping & Logistics Professional（CITLP）
- Certified International Sourcing Manager (CISM）
- Certified International Warehouse and Inventory Manager (CIWIM)
- Certified Supplier Quality Manager (CSQM)
- Certified Manager of Production Operation (CMPO)
- Certified International Contract Cost/Price Analyst (CICCPA)
- Project Management Professional in Procurement and Contracting (PMPPC)
- Certified Internal Procurement Auditor (CIPA)